Social Work Connect 2016
EDSOC & USYD Alumni Relations Present:
USYD Social Work Connect – MONDAY 8th of August, 5pm.
+ Meet + Share + Inspire
THIS IS NOT A LECTURE!
In collaboration with the University’s Alumni Relations team, EDSOC are very excited to present the first ever USYD Social Work Connect which will see USYD Social Work graduates return to campus and share their professional insights and practical advice with the next generation of Social Workers.
Besides the #realtalk – it’s also a great opportunity for current students to mix it up with their peers, future colleagues, prospective placement providers and… potentially, even their bosses!
Free to attend and open to everyone, we’ll also have food and light drinks on hand. The stellar line up of Social Work alumni includes:
- Janelle Sayers – BA (2006), BSW (2008), Master of Peace and Conflict Studies (2012). Social worker at the Office of Public Guardian (formerly of the Red Cross Refugee Relief Unit).
- Mayet Costello – BA (2002) BSW (2004) PhD (2010). Research Manager for Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS).
- Kayleigh Ellis – BSW (2012). Community Development Worker, Glebe Community Development Project.
- Jessica Davidson – BSW (Hons) (2014). Cross Cluster Issues Management, Family and Community Services.
- Samuel Johnson – BSW (2015) BA (2013). Social Worker / Primary Clinician. CONNECT, Division of Mental Health, The Sutherland Hospital.
- Eliza Pross – BA (2002), BSW (2004), MPolStud (2006). Eliza Pross Consulting (former CEO of Community Care, Northern Beaches.
- Jackson Singleton – BSW (2008). Social Worker / Primary Clinician, Neurological Injuries Unit, Royal Ryde Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Alison Waite – BA (1993), BSW (2006). Senior Social Worker, Mental Health Inpatient Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital.
- Eloise Layard – BSW (Hons, 2016). Member of the Department of Human Services Graduate Program. Finalist for the Medal of Convocation (2016 USyd alumni awards).
- Kim Huckerby – BSW (2003). Bump Program Director, Raise Foundation.
Join the conversation and get excited with #USYDSWC on Monday 8/8/16 from 5-7pm at the History Room S223 in the USYD Quadrangle.
Following Social Work Connect, all are invited to “Social Work Social” at the Courtyard Café – come have a drink and say hi!
Please register your interest here.
What exactly is Alumni Relations? Click here!
(If you are a USYD Social Work graduate and would like to present at a future Social Work Connect, please contact the faculty’s Alumni Engagement Officer –email@example.com)
WHEN: Monday 8th August, 2016
TIME: 5.00pm – 7:00pm
WHERE: The History Room, S223 – Quadrangle, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
WHO: All students and faculty members are welcome. This event is also open to the public.
AIM: Increase the professional development of the faculty’s students, along with providing an informal platform for both staff and students to communicate, in a unified effort to increase the social presence of the Faculty as a leading body in Social Work education.
PRESENTERS: Social Workers from within the Sydney area will be asked to volunteer themselves to present a 2, 5, or 7 minute presentation on an area of interest that has been effective in their own practice, and impart this insight to students for their future studies and carer paths. Presenters will be encouraged to include a question for attendees to answer/engage with on twitter #SWCUSyd.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook Event