Our AimWhat We Want To Achieve
The Society operates on the same principles upon which it was founded over 100 years ago – ‘to develop a collegial spirit based on sound scholarship, good fellowship, loyalty, and keenness in sport’. In 2015, EDSOC continues to develop and encourage social, academic and professional cooperation amongst the students at the Faculty of Education and Social Work in the University of Sydney.
The EDSOC provides and aims for the following:
- The promotion of a common meeting ground for teachers, graduates, and undergraduates in the Faculty of Education and Social Work
- Furthering the interests of members and to represent their views, particularly in matters related to their education
- Liaising with the University of Sydney Union (USU) and the Students’ Representative Council (SRC) on issues that affect education and social work students in the university
- Representation on various academic boards and committees, including the Faculty Board and the Academic Forum
- Social events such as an End Of Year Ball, Harbour Cruises, Drinks Nights and Afternoons.
- Regular barbecues on the Education Lawn
- Interfaculty sport
- Publications, including an annual journal publication, Drylight